Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: reduced engine power p1514 KOER set at idle but P1518 set KOEO

ok. let me see if i have a permission not turned on with my efilive. brb.

Quote Originally Posted by megadeus View Post
    ok. let me see if i have a permission not turned on with my efilive. brb.
    I dont know if I have a box checked or not to share this calibration correctly. Maybe the previous file name was too long.

Please try this one:
    Attached Files Attached Files

I've been playing with B3701 and B4001. So far i've noticed that I can't get my IPW below 3.5ms at idle which is leaving me stupid rich. I'm right now trying to get my head around what it would take to get a good control of the injector pulse width to a minimum.
    I attached my tune alterations with some new logs.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by RADustin View Post
    doesn't open for me??

ctz format is what we are looking for though.
    RAD,
    You have to update your EFILive software to view the file. I just tried to edit for a bit at home with my not so up to date PC's EFILive and it gave me the incompatible glitch.
    Jason

Install newest software from here: March-2015-EFILive-Release-Candidate-1

Lifetime Member

is the new release not backwards compatible?

Lifetime Member

is your fuel pressure regulator manifold referenced? If it was it would help out a little.

it looks like your injectors are set in at ~97 lbs/hour. so I guess your injectors are 80lbs at 40 psi. That's pretty damn huge.

Your VE for idle looks high.

your logs are too short. But it looks like your map sensor is way off. 90kPa at 700 rpm. no way that is correct.

spark looks low at idle.

I think you have some mechanical issues to short. Then you can work on the tune.

is your fuel pressure regulator manifold referenced? If it was it would help out a little.

it looks like your injectors are set in at ~97 lbs/hour. so I guess your injectors are 80lbs at 40 psi. That's pretty damn huge.

--- yes, your right the injectors are 80 lb

Your VE for idle looks high.

--- I copied the VE from the stock 2006 4.8 VE table verbatim. Did I miss a setting or scaling?

your logs are too short.

--- I only let the engine run long enough to see which direction the IPW was heading on the PID, ie too high.

But it looks like your map sensor is way off. 90kPa at 700 rpm. no way that is correct.

-- I'll work on the Map sensor setting ( I understand how bad the MAP can muck things up if wrong)

spark looks low at idle.

I think you have some mechanical issues to short. Then you can work on the tune.

I do have a new question and I might just pose it in a new thread for better exposure.
    Since I have a 2003 COS3 tune installed, Do I need the older APP sensor (metal gas pedal sensor) installed?
    I have the newer 2006 style APP (all plastic)

Hi guys, the insanity continues but this one really makes me go hmm....

I have what appears to be the OEM 4.8 throttle body; part # 1257080 currently installed. I watched my data while I manipulated the throttle by hand with the KOEO previously and saw a full sweep of the TPS 1 and 2 pids. I thought, cool, I have good info being fed to the TAC module. I've persistently gotten the P1518 code set when I touch the throttle with the KOEO.

The only time is doesn't set is when I go WOT quickly. The throttle blade is held WOT as well. No REP is set as long as WOT throttle is maintained, but as I cascade back to the idle position, boom, CEL sets P1518. Vat da' Furk!

I've overlaid circuit 581 and 582 pin to pin to eliminated any voltage drops. I saw 0.3 volt drop on cir 583 and said, f'it lets overlay. Now I have 0.0 volt drop from pin to pin on 581/582. Yes, I have those super f'in sharp syringe needle probes to backprobe the connectors.

Now, I'm staring at this throttle body and figured, 'hey lets see if I can get a voltage sweep across the potentiometers in that ETC module.' I took off the black plastic end cap of the ETC and made female probes to contact pins H&G with a ohm meter. My bench test revealed 400~600 ohms for about 15 degrees of sweep then it went open circuit for the remaining sweep area. I also put my probes on pins E&F and got almost the same results.

Is there a mistake I'm performing on this component when performing a sweep test? I'm using a fluke 88 meter.

FYI. this truck did have methanol injection on it before the throttle body. Have there been instances of throttle bodies being poisoned from methanol usage?

is the new release not backwards compatible?
    You have to update your V2's firmware (from the V8 newly installed software).

It will open/read .tun and .ctz files.

If saves as .ctz only (i.e. .tun has been replaced by .ctz).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast