Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FSV2 to LC-1 via serial port.

Hib,

Did you click the green Connect button (upper left, on toolbar)...?

After it connects, do Info->Validate Pids, and let it finish... you should see your VIN at the bottom of the window...

Hey Joe-
    Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Hib,

Which V7 and V8 software build versions did you install...?
    I'm at 7.5.7.291, 8.2.2.284, boot block 2.07.07 and firmware 2.07.89

If they are from the CD then they are out of date.
    I never used the DVD for installation of the programs. I just pulled all the tutorials and user documentation off them, then got the apps from the URL below
    Download/install from here: Aug-13-2015-EFILive-Public-Pre-Release

Then you need to configure V2 for BBX (even if you're going to use passthru mode, there are PCM specific config's required)... see here:
    kb_article.php?ref=6659-YAHB-3781
    Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch
    Actually, I was able to get my WB (LC-1) into Scanner via the serial connection one time while displaying all my other PIDs. This was during a scan session last night to make sure everything worked before our test trip. After that, I spent a long time configuring the chart feature and then tried scanning again to test my charting set up. I couldn't make it work and repeated attempts to scan only resulted in the application consistently telling me it could not find an "OBD2 controller". This was inspire of the engine running and the app telling me it was "connecting." Actually, scanner would display only my WB data no matter what I did...restart the app, restart the engine, restart the computer, unplug replug connections, check FlashScan config...whatever I did didn't work.

By 9 PM, we were just about out of time and I had to get rolling on the test, so I used "brand H's" scan software, with the WB connected via analog, and it worked with no problems. We got our data and, from it, know we have a lot more cal work to do. Virtual VE here I come. Oh, for joy.

Post some screenshots showing connecting and showing the PIDs tab...
    I will do that the next time we need to log data. Early next week probably.

What year/model/vehicle do you have...?
    MY12 Corvette Z06 with an OS upgrade allowing fan PW% selections at lower ECTs than stock. A very handy feature of the cal editing program, I might add. Another welcome feature is the ability to access the "intake manifold volume" PID.

Once you get the scantool going you will like it (it has some advanced features over othe scan tools).
    A calibrator I respect keeps telling me that but, last night, time constraints forced us to give-up trying to make it work.

Lastly, when you are in the editing program and you have an alternate tuning file open for comparison, how do you just close the alternative calibration but not close the main tuning file or exit the program?
    Hib Halverson
    just another f'ing "Tuner In Training"

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Hib,

Did you click the green Connect button (upper left, on toolbar)...?

After it connects, do Info->Validate Pids, and let it finish... you should see your VIN at the bottom of the window...
    No. I was using the "connect" function under the file menu.

I "validated PIDs" until I was blue-in-the-face last night and still could not connect. All the PIDs coming out of the DLC were X'ed out.

Another question: when working with a virtual VE table with the FlashScan connected, I find that you cannot compare the open cal file and an alternative cal file. When I click show differences there's no data in the window other than the x- and y-axis labels inspite my knowing the VE table of the open cal file is different than the one to which I'm comparing.

Let me know what you think.
    Hib Halverson

Quote Originally Posted by Hib Halverson View Post
    No. I was using the "connect" function under the file menu.

I "validated PIDs" until I was blue-in-the-face last night and still could not connect. All the PIDs coming out of the DLC were X'ed out.

Another question: when working with a virtual VE table with the FlashScan connected, I find that you cannot compare the open cal file and an alternative cal file. When I click show differences there's no data in the window other than the x- and y-axis labels inspite my knowing the VE table of the open cal file is different than the one to which I'm comparing.

Let me know what you think.
    Ok, File->Connect and green connect button are the same function.

Before validating pids, goto PIDs tab and uncheck Supported; then also try this: go File->Enter VIN (and enter it), File->Select Controller (and select it); then do validate pids.

I don't know why the differences are not showing up... can you send me some example files (check pm for email address... I can't pm you until you have 10 posts under your belt).

Hey Joe-

I'm at 7.5.7.291, 8.2.2.284, boot block 2.07.07 and firmware 2.07.89

I never used the DVD for installation of the programs. I just pulled all the tutorials and user documentation off them, then got the apps from the URL below
    Ok. The forum contains more updated tutorial material (depending on the tutorial).

Actually, I was able to get my WB (LC-1) into Scanner via the serial connection one time while displaying all my other PIDs. This was during a scan session last night to make sure everything worked before our test trip. After that, I spent a long time configuring the chart feature and then tried scanning again to test my charting set up. I couldn't make it work and repeated attempts to scan only resulted in the application consistently telling me it could not find an "OBD2 controller". This was inspire of the engine running and the app telling me it was "connecting." Actually, scanner would display only my WB data no matter what I did...restart the app, restart the engine, restart the computer, unplug replug connections, check FlashScan config...whatever I did didn't work.
    When this happens, goto the Console tab in the scantool, do Ctrl-A Ctrl-C (to select all and copy to clipboard) and paste it into forum post/reply.

By 9 PM, we were just about out of time and I had to get rolling on the test, so I used "brand H's" scan software, with the WB connected via analog, and it worked with no problems. We got our data and, from it, know we have a lot more cal work to do. Virtual VE here I come. Oh, for joy.

I will do that the next time we need to log data. Early next week probably.
    Let me know how VVE goes.

MY12 Corvette Z06 with an OS upgrade allowing fan PW% selections at lower ECTs than stock. A very handy feature of the cal editing program, I might add. Another welcome feature is the ability to access the "intake manifold volume" PID.
    Different tools cover different feature-sets.

A calibrator I respect keeps telling me that but, last night, time constraints forced us to give-up trying to make it work.
    If you're coming in cold with a time deadline, then it would be a bad idea to try instantly learning the scantool. But otherwise it will be worth your while to learn it and use it, some features make tuning very easy (allows you to concentrate on tuning without being distracted by some manual action you have to do between the scantool/tunetool).

Lastly, when you are in the editing program and you have an alternate tuning file open for comparison, how do you just close the alternative calibration but not close the main tuning file or exit the program?
    I believe you can't close the alternate file... is there a reason for closing it...?

Post two more posts (forum software anti-spam inhibits pm's until a user has 10+ posts), and then pm your phone number.

Ok, here's one post.
    When working with an engine which has no IMTV which table does the cal use "open" or "closed"?
    Hib Halverson

Here's #10.

The tutorial in virtual VE table tuning says that if the FlashScan is connected then the tuning app is started, all the icons will be displayed in red to indicated their protected status. All my VVE table icons are red on top, yellow on the front and green on the side. I know the machine can see my FlashScan because I can use 8.2.2 to read the boot block and firmware in the device.

So...why won't the icons turn red to indicate the tuning program knows I have a legit copy of the software?
    Last edited by Hib Halverson; August 17th, 2015 at 04:47 PM. Reason: deleted content
    Hib Halverson

Also, I just found out I cannot cut/past data from the VVE table in one tuning file then paste it into another so the program must not be recognizing my FlashScan as being licensed even though I can get the boot block and firmware version info out of it.
    Hib Halverson

Here's #10.

The tutorial in virtual VE table tuning says that if the FlashScan is connected then the tuning app is started, all the icons will be displayed in red to indicated their protected status. All my VVE table icons are red on top, yellow on the front and green on the side. I know the machine can see my FlashScan because I can use 8.2.2 to read the boot block and firmware in the device.

So...why won't the icons turn red to indicate the tuning program knows I have a legit copy of the software?

My phone is 00-1-805-685-6864 but to call Goleta CA USA from NZ would cost a fortune. For your benefit, let's keep trying to do this on email.
    In tunetool go Help->Register EFILive... did you enter the info from the blue card here...?

I think that in the newer software those tables are visible regardless of V2 plugged into PC.

I'm actually in So.Cal. (just inside the Orange Curtain).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast