Because I did'nt want to risk screwing up my installed pcm and hptune, I decided to buy a brand new pcm from a very helpful guy in Oz who sent it to HSV to have some initial work done.
Then he flashed in the efilive tune I had from Patrick Guerra. I also bought a bench harness so I could pull the tune, do a compare and make a couple of minor changes before I swapped out the PCM
in the car.
New pcm is in the car, I tried to run through the VATS learn but was not successful, the car won't even crank. I checked out this thread:-

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...-disable-guide

It does mention a relearn method (I'm not wanting to disable vats, unless as absolute last resort), my car is HSV factory setup apart from supercharger ect.

I'm going to try this:- (copied from the thread)

1) Initialise Relink using the scan tool (with key on, engine off)
2) perform key on, wait, key off as per the relearn timer and counter cals.
3) key off, then start (should be linked now)
Yes correct, that is pretty much what GM service spells out as the procedure. You have the timer (set to 10mins stock) then the number of timer countdowns that must be done (set to 3 stock), so 3 x 10 = 30min relearn with key off after each 10min timer ends.

I wonder though, in efilive scan/tune, if you look at system/VATS/parameters in the table there is the timer which has 600 seconds, if you highlight that field the dialog box gives a vats relearn procedure:-

Ignition must be on for this long before the new theft password is learnt, this must also occur the number of times specified in {G1214} "Relearn Count".

To relink the VATS to a new / exhange ECM perform the following steps -
1 - Turn ON the ignition for 5 seconds (do not start yet).
2 - Attempt to start the engine (it should not run), then just turn the key back to the 'ON' position.
3 - Leave the key in this position until the SECURITY lamp turns off (length of time is specified by this calibration).
4 - Turn the ignition off for 15 seconds.
5 - Repeat the steps 1 - 4 the number of times specified in {G1214} "Relearn Count".
6 - The engine should now start as the VATS codes have been learnt by the ECM.

This procedure is different to what Ive read on the forum, particularly the attemp to start, I did try to do this but did'nt recall the security lamp coming on
at any stage (it does work though)

Can I chage the timer to say 20secs to speed things up a little (change it back later) and if I do, a flash will update it, but should I really do a full flash ?

Really do find all this vats stuff very confusing, in short, all I'm trying to do is install a new pcm (previously prepared by hsv and tune ready flashed in.

Or....is there a more recent guide, or anyone else here that knows the method inside out for swapping out pcm's in factory setups ?

Thanks in advance.