Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Have we been doing autove wrong?

Here is a short log of me manually increasing the AFR, check out what the wide-band is doing with ever step up of the desired AFR.

Im at a loss. Stock injectors, stock injector mapping.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
    I just stumbled onto something else that may help you pinpoint what is going on.

I have the truck in OL on the dyno holding the load exactly the same and the rpm is steady. With my current VE I have about a BEN of .85 when the truck is commanding 12AFR. Now if I go into the DVT and manually change the AFR to lets say 14.7 to force it the BEN goes up to 1.25. This is while the whole time sitting in the exact same VE cell in a steady state. From what I know wouldnt you expect the BEN to stay the same reguardless of the commanded AFR?

Could this be alluding to either injector tuning or maybe the injectors themselves?

This is what is causing my issue, the leaner truck is commanding the higher the BEN, the richer the lower the BEN. What could be causing this?
    Mitch,

Can you get a log of this (showing GM.AFR, CALC.AFR_LM21, CALC.BEN_LM21)...

( start logging, and while logging is proceeding, goto DVT and force the AFR... then when done, deactivate DVT and stop the log )

Yes, because when the PCM commands some AFR, GM.AFR shows it (and so the BEN should stay the same, as long as the WB followed the AFR).

Lifetime Member

The wideband follows commanded AFR perfectly if you use the formula V+11. That's not a very wide wideband.

This is the wideband I'm using. Any ideas?

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lc2.php

This is the setup guide I used.
    http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/r...e_tutorial.php

Joe,

I'm pretty sure that's what I did in the log I posted just above. It's a short log showing exactly what i think you are asking about.

Thanks so much guys.

Lifetime Member

Try switching over to the brown wire and use "Analog out 2". Then do another AFR sweep like you did in your last log.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Just jumping in here, sorry I haven't read the entire thread so what I say may have already been covered.

From the log file it looks like you're using an Innovate side band controller. Innovate uses a programmable stoichiometric value that is used by the wide band to determine AFR and hence (I presume) to determine the output AFR voltage. Are you sure the wide band's stoich setting is correct for the fuel you are using?

You need to use Innovate's Logworks software to set the stoich value.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

This is the wideband I'm using. Any ideas?

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lc2.php

This is the LC-2... in its default configuration/settings, it uses the same pids as the LC-1 (CALC.AFR_LC11, CALC.BEN_LC11).

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Just jumping in here, sorry I haven't read the entire thread so what I say may have already been covered.

From the log file it looks like you're using an Innovate side band controller. Innovate uses a programmable stoichiometric value that is used by the wide band to determine AFR and hence (I presume) to determine the output AFR voltage. Are you sure the wide band's stoich setting is correct for the fuel you are using?

You need to use Innovate's Logworks software to set the stoich value.

Regards
    Paul
    Paul, I appreciate you taking the time.

I did check the settings, I have the firmware programmer that allows me to setup the controller outputs. I will take a closer look at that. It does kinda seem like statesman might be onto something, it appears like it could be functioning as a narrow band so ill go through all the settings to see. That said when using the Innovative program it is showing me the same values, which should rule out any sort of analog output mapping because I can check it against itself.

Judging by the comments here you guys think its something either with the controller or the inputs itself? Nothing in the tune could cause this type of issue, or nothing easy to overlook? Ill look over all my settings again.

Joe,

Are you saying that this link to setup the controller is incorrect? Im at a loss.

Thanks guys.

Mitch

Joe,

Are you saying that this link to setup the controller is incorrect? Im at a loss.

Thanks guys.

Mitch
    If you have an LC-2, I would set it back to default, and use the LC-1 calc pids...

if you have a serial comms cable you could use that to connect to V2 (needs null modem gender bender), it gives Lambda and AFR with no conversion to analog needed (i.e. you don't have to worry about which of the the 2 analog outputs you're connected to, and you don't have to worry about voltage offsets).

In its default configuration, the LC-2 (and the LC-1) assign the analog channel like this:

Quote Originally Posted by LC-2 user manual pdf, page 3
    The default analog outputs are as follows:
    Analog output one (yellow) is 0V = 7.35 AFR and 5V = 22.39 AFR.
    Analog output two (brown) is 1.1V = 14 AFR and .1V = 15 AFR.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast