Hi,

Been awhile since I posted; feel free to move this post if it's in the wrong section.

This forum is such a great resource for help so here goes:

I have found a 2000 Camaro Ls1 from a NYS Thruway cop car that was rear ended. I have the complete package to re-power this old Reinco straw blower that originally utilized a Wiconsin W4-1770 35 hp engine that the owner said never had enough power to do the job from brand new.

My challenges are many but I have for the most part figured this out, my goal is a standalone engine power plant that can be easily removed for servicing yet still run while "off" the machine.

I do not have drive by wire so I purchased a mechanical belt driven governor that will mount where the A/C compressor once was.

The original RPM was 2400 and I must be very careful as not to blow thru that window and kill or injure an operator as the impeller weighs about 90 pounds and has about a 2 foot blower fan.

To start is there a "simpler" if you will operating system that can be flashed into this LS1B (I believe) PCM that would have no rear O2s or secondary air, EGR, MAF or must I start deleting things from the original operating system? I thought maybe if GM used the LS1B on other applications or non-emissions applications I could find the flash.

If I use a tune from a manual transmission car should I run a speed sensor on the blower shaft? It's easy enough to do but not sure if I'd need one.

I'm guessing that I can find a table for rev control that would kill injectors or the fuel if someone overrides the mechanical governor.

I know this LS1 engine probably does not have a huge amount of torque at 2400 RPM, the W4-1770 had about 70 foot-lbs. at 2400.

Yeah it's a mess I know and needs lots of TLC.

Thanks for the help, John

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160126_163105.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	833.7 KB 
ID:	19185

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2000 LS1 ECM.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	758.3 KB 
ID:	19186