Quote Originally Posted by Chuck CoW View Post
JUST USE EFI LIVE...

For most of the time...TIS FAILS...ESPECIALLY, when your internet connection is not fast...Not sure why cause the files are cached on your computer.

Anyway....When updating E40s and E38s with new OSs, use your head and DON'T USE ONLINE TIS. USE EFI LIVE for OS changes whenever possible on E40 and E38 cars. TIS SUCKS.

I think the TIS subscription on DVD is better and more reliable....BUT, the online TIS BLOWS...Especially when the internet varies.

LS1 pcms usually die and E40s always suck.

Early E38s have caused problems and sometimes die, and occasionally HPT will make them talk again.

I've seen several T43s die in the middle of a TIS flash and TIS or EFI LIVE will bring them back to life.

I had a T43 die on a TIS flash twice in Chicago the other day...It took me 2 hours to BOMBARD it with TIS, HPT, and EFI LIVE flash attempts to revive her....

Lucky for me, the combo of FLASH ATTEMPTS was kinda like a defribliator bringing a PCM back to life. Not sure why..But, the customer was happy.

To date....I've never roasted a T43 and I play with them a bunch.

Can't say that for LS1, E40, and E38's. I always cringe and hold my breath when I do an OS change.

What's your experience?
Chuck CoW
you cant use EFI Live when you have a brand new E38 and flashing to a Holden tune.... Do that and you will have alot of mysterious throttle problems...

TIS is needed and I have the DVD's not the online subscription.. wasnt going to pay a $1000 to flash one PCM then come day one of the 2nd year have to resubscribe to do another DVD will always be there....

only ever need it to put a base tune in the ECU.. then flash in the changes later