Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: E38 TIS Programming warning

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck CoW View Post

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...icial%26sa%3DG

MDI SOUNDS NICE...... Wouldn't you like to flash controllers WIRELESSLY???

I mean, you could sip on a margarita in your office and flash a controller in a vehicle OUTSIDE in your driveway....

Pretty Effen' NEET!

I want one!
    Chuck CoW

I've flashed controllers on the bench wirelessly for years, its pretty cool
    Chris White
    www.GTOShiftLight.com
    2006 Spice Red A4 GTO
    2009 3LZ Z06
    2012 Jeep SRT8
    2013 SRX Premium
    2013 XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by 10sec_rx7 View Post
    im only starting facts here. i have never had a problem flashing any PCM with my HPT cable, weather it is a LS1, E40 or E38 they have always worked perfectly fine..
    EFI LIVE killing E38s??? Very strange. I'm doubtful that almost anyone out there has flashed as many E38s as me with Efi Live....With NO problems.
    Dale, the reason I sparked up about your comments is that what Chuck has said is about par with what most people tell us. I'm not saying you didn't have problems with your EFILive set-up, obviously you did, however, for only your second post on this forum to be how wonderful HPT works for you was a little out of order.
    Let's move on........

Chuck, the state of your V2 unit at SEMA reminded me of something you would find at the bottom of a crankcase on a 200,000 mile engine.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

E38's are pretty stout I dont see any way EFI live could kill one honestly knowing what i've put them through in other regards.
    Chris White
    www.GTOShiftLight.com
    2006 Spice Red A4 GTO
    2009 3LZ Z06
    2012 Jeep SRT8
    2013 SRX Premium
    2013 XTS Platinum

Lifetime Member

EFI LIVE killing E38s??? Very strange. I'm doubtful that almost anyone out there has flashed as many E38s as me with Efi Live....With NO problems.

I've flashed quite a few E38s where the vehicle power dropped off, customers started opening power windows and moving power seats, my laptop battery died, and where I even (accidentally) pulled the usb from flashscan while flashing E38s.....and never had a failure, lost a fuel guage, or ANY other issue.

To the contrary....I rarely if ever use TIS to update E38s cause it sucks. It fails more often that I'd care to say and seems to me (even though the files are cached) that when the internet or wireless signal is weak...It always fails and I've lost way more controllers than I'd care to think about.

In fact, I actually use EFI LIVE to recover most failed E38 TIS flashes...and in a pinch...Hammering the pcm with HPT over and over sometimes works as a last resort.

Some of the early vintage E38s just fail if you look at them too long. It has nothing to do with anything. It just happens.

I have to honestly say...Something else must be going on or maybe you just got a bad pcm cause....

If I ain't killed an E38 with Live.....I don't think it's possible.

Chuck CoW
    The gravity is different down here. Has a different effect on neutrino collisions with flash memory junctions. The air is also denser because we are lower down on the planet. And the water goes down the drain the opposite way.......

Default Yeah...AND

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Chuck, the state of your V2 unit at SEMA reminded me of something you would find at the bottom of a crankcase on a 200,000 mile engine.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Yeah...AND ...I STILL AIN'T KILLED AN E38 WITH EFI LIVE!!!

Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

Default Gmdieseltuner

I am tuning a 08 H2 6.2 with a E38 no crash yet.. But have problems with reading DTC"s. can you give me some insight on taking fuel away and correcting timing. This is the 1st one to run on Hydrogen .... The 08 LMM is loving life on HHO Rick

Default Yeah....My Tahoe likes the HHO TOO!

Quote Originally Posted by Dtuner View Post
    I am tuning a 08 H2 6.2 with a E38 no crash yet.. But have problems with reading DTC"s. can you give me some insight on taking fuel away and correcting timing. This is the 1st one to run on Hydrogen .... The 08 LMM is loving life on HHO Rick
    Yeah....My Tahoe likes the HHO TOO!

Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

Hey Chuck
    I'm More experienced in the D-max tuning, such as 3years of developing the Marine version of a LBZ duramx to 640Hp and 1100ft. Lbs.of trq at 3000 rpm, constant load on the Engine dyno... tuning this 08 Hummer with the 6.2 with HHO is all new to me . can you share with me some info on tuning with the E38 tables. and does any one know if I can disengage the front axle on the new 6 peed on the H2. While I have it on the chassis Dyno
    Last edited by Dtuner; December 9th, 2008 at 06:57 AM. Reason: typ-o

As i posted in the other thread, If people send thier corrupt ecms, i can repair them for $50 shipped each.

The bug has not been fixed yet.. Lots of cars are messed up they just dont know it yet.. :(
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Odd, I cant replicate the bug with any OS on any hardware here...Oh well not a hard fix either way just wish I could see what all the fuss is about.
    Chris White
    www.GTOShiftLight.com
    2006 Spice Red A4 GTO
    2009 3LZ Z06
    2012 Jeep SRT8
    2013 SRX Premium
    2013 XTS Platinum

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast