Quote Originally Posted by S10Wildside View Post
That's funny. When we first started the LT1 engine last July with the LS1 PCM, I think there were two others with me at the time and we all had silly grins on our face!

For years I said, "I will NEVER use an LT1 engine for a conversion." I even gave out that same advice because of its ignition issues. I'm even receiving phone calls from guys who have installed the best optispark on the market and they're considering it junk because of failures.

Now that 24x is available for the early small block and LT1, I actually prefer the LT1 because its components are a bolt on with no adjustments! The early small block requires cam sensor adjustment (which is no big deal), but the LT1 is now where it's at!
I should rephrase my comment...... We were as happy as pigs in sh!t and had smiles ear to ear when it fired up for the first time. After many more starts and little tweaks the engine became boring to watch because there was no drama, it just ran and ran, just like it had never been messed with!!! I suppose that is the way it should be though !
I do agree with you Mike, I am actually going to recomend the LT1 as swappable engines to people who want engine swaps performed, they don't have quite the potential as an LS1 engine, but hell, it is a design that originated in 1955, not 1998!!!! I just sold a job for a '67 Camaro this spring to put a LT1 in, hopefully I get this EFI Live program figured out by then

Mike