Thread: slowing down surging

Default slowing down surging

got a buddie with a 6.0 231/239 609/601 112+2 cam on an ecsb. i been working on the tune for a while i got the wot and ve table all dialed in truck doesnt turn off but when slowing down i have a surging feeling. anyting under 20mph u let off the gas and truck jumps from like 600-1300 back and forth till it comes so about 3mph then settles down.. only does it while slowing down and off the gas. any idea? i dont have any logs and i usually only log what i need for ve tuning.. any tips on what parameters to log for idle? anyone have an idle Pid list they can send me to help me look at whats affecting it? any ideas off the top of the heads of what it can be?

Lifetime Member

Try a search using idle pids in the search box. Post a log showing driving since your description of the problem is not just idle related. Pretty common issue with to big of a cam for street use. I think its been covered alot. But a log of driving would be a good start.
    1997 S10, 06 trailblazer SS LS2 swap, 4L70E trans, 76mm turbo. Factory ZQ8 suspension. 3.08, G80 w/a zexel. With a 0411 swap.

ok ill take care of it tomorrow im in school and just thought i would ask for some help..
    Quote Originally Posted by slows10 View Post
    Try a search using idle pids in the search box. Post a log showing driving since your description of the problem is not just idle related. Pretty common issue with to big of a cam for street use. I think its been covered alot. But a log of driving would be a good start.

Lifetime Member

I hear ya, im not good with links. Joecar may be around in a bit and post up the exact links you may require for your issue. But logs are a good way to get some good help here.
    1997 S10, 06 trailblazer SS LS2 swap, 4L70E trans, 76mm turbo. Factory ZQ8 suspension. 3.08, G80 w/a zexel. With a 0411 swap.

Lifetime Member

Also have you tried doing the rafig idle tuning yet? It is essentially ve idle tuning.

No I havent ill take a look at it tomorrow. ... shouldn't be anything to complicated. . I got the dam thing to stay on on that cam i can figure out how to fix it but thought it was time for some help... ill log and post it tomorrow ...
    Quote Originally Posted by slows10 View Post
    Also have you tried doing the rafig idle tuning yet? It is essentially ve idle tuning.