Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bought tune

Quote Originally Posted by C450 View Post
    I'm new so I have to ask what MAF killers you're talking about. I'm having an issue as well and I'm trying to find out what I'm missing. I bought a tune as well that isn't working.
    There are areas of the maf that are in engine calibrations and in the engine diagnostics in two places... He just killed the calibration side but did not set no mil in the diagnostics... Hope that makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by thickcajun View Post
    There are areas of the maf that are in engine calibrations and in the engine diagnostics in two places... He just killed the calibration side but did not set no mil in the diagnostics... Hope that makes sense
    Yes thank you. It does make sense. Maybe I'm misreading his comment. I understood it as he had the MAF calibration set to 0 but it was still throwing a MAF code? That's an issue I've noticed with mine. P0101 would pop up but I have my MAF set to 0. So I'm thinking I've misunderstood but he said after the MAF killers were taken care of, it took care of his issue.

Quote Originally Posted by C450 View Post
    Yes thank you. It does make sense. Maybe I'm misreading his comment. I understood it as he had the MAF calibration set to 0 but it was still throwing a MAF code? That's an issue I've noticed with mine. P0101 would pop up but I have my MAF set to 0. So I'm thinking I've misunderstood but he said after the MAF killers were taken care of, it took care of his issue.
    Look at efi cos documentation.. They tell you how to fail the maf correctly..

If you want to run MAF-less then a MAF DTC must trigger (immediately)...

if you don't have a MAF DTC then the MAF is being used (if the MAF is zero or not present, the PCM calculates what it should be and tries to use that (which many times is wrong)).

Also note that when MAG DTC is present running COS, the COS still runs adaptive spark (HO/LO sliding).

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    If you want to run MAF-less then a MAF DTC must trigger (immediately)...

if you don't have a MAF DTC then the MAF is being used (if the MAF is zero or not present, the PCM calculates what it should be and tries to use that (which many times is wrong)).

Also note that when MAG DTC is present running COS, the COS still runs adaptive spark (HO/LO sliding).
    Okay so killing it the way the tutorial is wrong... Not sure I follow where your coming from.

Okay so killing it the way the tutorial is wrong... Not sure I follow where your coming from.
    Which tutorial...?

Doesn't the tutorial have you cause the MAF to fail...? And then it does not really matter if the MIL illuminates (table C6002 ), but it matters that the DTC is not ignored (table C6001) but rather acted upon immediately.

I'm making sure you see a MAF DTC when you scan (if you see one, then VE is being used, otherwise MAF is being attempted being used).

Here's what I went by..

In your tune file12-31-14 COS3_0001.ctz take care of these:

- A0001, A0002 are out-of-range, there is a trick to getting these in range (search forum for "OOR").
    - you setup B3647 and B3649 using Lambda rather than EQR, it goes very lean above 90kPa...
    you have to change units to EQR, restart tunetool, and redo B3647 and B4649.
    - A0009 does not flow from B0101 (the 105kPa columns differ, VE steps up as you transition from B0101 to A0009).
    - set B3609 to 0.001s.
    - set B3613 to 105 kPa... this allows you to PE table B3618 to control boost commanded EQR.
    - set B3616 to something like the 2002 Camaro's B3616.
    - at low rpm, your HO/LO spark tables are too retarded, you can run some advance there.
    - you can increase trans shift pressure tables, expecially down low.
    - you can decrease trans desired shift time tables.
    - you can decrease trans shift torque reduction tables a little.
    - your WOT downshift MPH must be lower than the upshift MPH by at least 5 mph.
    - set the throttle kickdown tables to 100% to let the PT upshift/downshift tables work correctly.

During tuning, be aware that the COS does STFT trimming during OL on any cell in B3647 or B3649 that is stoich (i.e. 1)... this mode happens to be called Semi-Open Loop (SOL).

So you're going to run CLSD, correct...?

Is your FPR manifold referenced...?
    Did you measure rail pressure (with reference hose temporarily removed)...?
    Did you adjust B4001 for the measured rail pressure...?

The tutorial is correct.

Here's what I went by..

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    The tutorial is correct.
    Cool... I will go back and look at all the things you pointed out... Thanks for the input I appreciate your time and effort to educate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast