Quote Originally Posted by LBZ View Post
Well F#$%!
Same thing I thought lol, I tried a 'mileage' tune in mine last year when diesel was 5.00 a gallon, since I already had EF!live for my LS1 car I figured why not try it on the LBZ. It didnt do anything really so I put it back to stock a week or so later.

So last week I was bored, reading around this site and noticed this thread. After seeing the last post I took my truck to a friend at a local dealer and had him check the CVN numbers on all the segments and one was wrong. Even though I flashed the stock tune back in a year ago and the truck has never been to the dealer or programmed since.

The 'Engine' segment (PN 12610878) CVN was wrong. I assume since EFIlive tune says its not used you cant even change anything in it so I have no idea why it changed. The 'engine' checksum on EFIlive from my original read and the one in the truck were different as well, I have no idea why or how. I flashed the original stock tune again and now all the checksums in EFIlive are back to the same as the original read. I am going to check it again on a tech 2 soon and see if all the CVNs match. I read/flashed it with one of the first releases of EFIlive for the LBZ so maybe thats how it got messed up, I had to re-save the .tun file before it would let me flash it in with the lastest EFIlive release.