Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EFILive V7.5 Hanging When Starting Up or Shutting Down

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    What V7.5 version and build number do you want/need to go back to?
    I will check if that version is compatible with the latest firmware and if it is I will re-issue that firmware and tag it compatible with that version of V7.

Regards
    Paul
    Just give me a couple of minutes, restoring system back to yesterday.....

Thanks for the quick response Paul.

Ed M

What V7.5 version and build number do you want/need to go back to?
    I will check if that version is compatible with the latest firmware and if it is I will re-issue that firmware and tag it compatible with that version of V7.

Regards
    Paul
    OK it is V7.5.7 (Build 230) and if needed it is Version: 8.2.2 Build 224

Thanks again Paul

Ed M

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    It is telling us in the About, "License: Commercial Scan&Tune as well as Restricted to: Personal Scan&Tune (no cable)" so we can't perform a write entire. If we load a normal calibration file the Read and Write Calibration icons in the upper tool bar are lit, but not the Write Entire. If we try and load a Custom OS (which is how we found the problem), none of the 3 icons are lit in the tool bar...
    I'm still trying to figure out if the current firmware will still work with that version, meanwhile...

The calibration-only-flash and the full-flash options are available in version 8 of the EFILive software. I recommend using them instead of the V7 flashing options. The V8 options are more advanced and more stable.

Also from your message above, does the V7 software only hang when you load a custom OS? Or does it hang no matter what file you are loading?
    Does it still hang if you remove the list of recently used files so that it doesn't try to load any file at start-up? File->Recent files->Clear file list

If it only hangs when a certain file is open, can you please send me a copy of that file? (send to paul@efilive.com)

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I'm still trying to figure out if the current firmware will still work with that version, meanwhile...

The calibration-only-flash and the full-flash options are available in version 8 of the EFILive software. I recommend using them instead of the V7 flashing options. The V8 options are more advanced and more stable.

Also from your message above, does the V7 software only hang when you load a custom OS? Or does it hang no matter what file you are loading?
    Does it still hang if you remove the list of recently used files so that it doesn't try to load any file at start-up? File->Recent files->Clear file list

If it only hangs when a certain file is open, can you please send me a copy of that file? (send to paul@efilive.com)

Regards
    Paul
    Had to head out. Will try the version 8 recommendation tomorrow am.

It hangs on the startup even with the recent file list cleared. After you pull the cable and it completes the startup, subsequent files seem to open ok. However at no time do you ever remove the Restricted to: Personal Scan&Tune mode in the About file so no write entire are enabled.

Thanks and look forward to you answer on the V7 software/firmware answer.

Thank you,

Ed M

Also, the V8 Full Flash software for the LS1B has a disclaimer before you execute the full flash about the TPS out of range not being detected and you must re-save the file prior to flashing or you may render the LS1B PCM inoperative. Do I have to resave the Custom OS file prior to the flash?

Thanks,

Ed M

I am having the same problem I was running version 7.5 with no problems then I had to update to version 8 and update the bootblock and firmware in order to flash a tune from Rob Coddens in a kodiak now I can not do anything v7.5 freezes 1/3 of the way when stating loading calibration definitions. I use a sony with windows 7. Ive tried deleting the older version of v7.5 that I was running and downloaded the newer 7.5 with no luck.

Thanks, Stuart

Regards
    Paul
    Paul.

Seems like the V8 will handle the flash issues, but can't log from V7.5 or V8 . What is our next plan? Monday is closing in on me :(

Thanks,

Ed M

Ed, can you log from V2 BBL (and transfer file to PC)...

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

The attached firmware has been modified to allow it to operate with older versions of the V7 software.
    Specifically it will allow connections to V7 from build 230 to build 237 inclusive.
    Use the V8 EFILive_Explorer program to reprogram this firmware into your FlashScan device.

Warning:
    I can't be 100% certain that using the older V7 software with this latest (modified) firmware will work as expected.
    Using old and out dated software will expose you to problems that have been fixed in the latest build.
    Please see this page for a list of differences between V7.5.7.230 and the latest release.
    https://www.efilive.com/index.php?op...tes&Itemid=134

Regards
    Paul
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Before asking for help, please read this.

The attached firmware has been modified to allow it to operate with older versions of the V7 software.
    Specifically it will allow connections to V7 from build 230 to build 237 inclusive.
    Use the V8 EFILive_Explorer program to reprogram this firmware into your FlashScan device.

Warning:
    I can't be 100% certain that using the older V7 software with this latest (modified) firmware will work as expected.
    Using old and out dated software will expose you to problems that have been fixed in the latest build.
    Please see this page for a list of differences between V7.5.7.230 and the latest release.
    https://www.efilive.com/index.php?op...tes&Itemid=134

Regards
    Paul
    Thanks Paul, quick question, is this FW considered an upgrade from the original build 235 FW. Would there be any reason we would have to go "back" to the original build 235 FW release? Also is there a plan to correct the issues with the 235 build to get it to operate with your latest FW above?

Ed M

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast