Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Update: Sep 12, 2014

Lifetime Member

Update... it's not the .bin file itself. It is the .cax as others have noted.

Default Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Chavez91 View Post
    Getting the same exact thing.... If I open a file with the CAX active i get this...

Attachment 17518

Rename CAX to something else and file opens just fine.

What files do you want emailed to you and where to email them?
    Exactly!

You have confirmed that I'm not completely NUTS!

Thanks
    Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

I have not RE-SENT them but he already has the file I sent him when I discovered the problem in the first place.

You know me.... Updating EFI LIVE has always been a last resort for me and I always run several versions behind.

The only reason I updated is because I was on the dyno and from one minute to the next my V2 just simply stopped

communicating with the vehicle I was working on and after 2 hours of unsuccessful reboots and driver follies, I reached out

to Paul for help.

He suggested the latest software which did absolutely repair the connectivity issue (no idea what the problem actually was)

but left me unable to open or edit tune files.

I've been working (suffering) with this for 2 days now, but I know absolutely for sure that something is bobbled up in the sequence of

events just after he loads the file to memory, loads the calz, cax, and builds the navigator.

I do know for sure it has nothing to do with the file I'm using.

Chuck CoW

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ATPCummins View Post
    I do like the newer version of the quick setup. Can an additional option be added to security description defaults (or somewhere similar)? I would like to see this option: Private, Full Flash, Set Device License to Flashscan Serial, and Link to Remote Autocal. This would allow all options to be set at once. I would also like to be able to lock the tunes without having to save the quick setup as a new file so that I can just program the quick setup into an autocal. I don't need the saved file. Hopefully this makes sense. Maybe I am missing a something, IDK...
    You don't need to save prior to programming a quick setup, however the Save process DOES update the lock icon displayed next to each tune. You 'should' create a base Quick Setup and open that as a minimum each time you use the Quick Setup to set your [F2: Scan] and [F3: Tune] controllers, otherwise they will default to the last loaded Options.text file used, each time you enter the Quick setup menu.

The security setting defaults are broken down into 'like processes', and technically the Device license and AutoCal remote license are not security settings. The remote license is an 'enabler', it does nothing more than gives permission for an AutoCal device to flash tunes from a particular FlashScan, while the device license restricts other FlashScan's from using those tunes. It doesn't need to be a 3 step process like you describe though, it can be cut to a 2 step process.

Should the tune be created with no restrictions, you can add it to the Quick Setup (you'll notice all license fields are blank and the tune icon is unlocked), then click on Link to Remote AutoCal and it will set the Device license, AutoCal and Master license in one pass. A locked tune file, or having some parameters set in the [F4;Properties] tab in the tune file will change how the security is managed.

Cheers
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck CoW View Post
    I have not RE-SENT them but he already has the file I sent him when I discovered the problem in the first place.
    'The File' as in the .ctz file or the .cax file? Paul will need both if you have not already sent both.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    'The File' as in the .ctz file or the .cax file? Paul will need both if you have not already sent both.
    I can send my ctz, badtunefile.tun, and the cax. Does Paul have a direct address? Or just send it to the general support email?
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY
    - L5P, Motech, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans.
    '05 GMC LLY - 250%, 12mm, 67mm Custom Turbo, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans
    '19 3500 RAM - Tuned Aisin 0_o

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Just to confirm there is still a problem with processing *.cax files. The problem has been identified and is being fixed. An update (V7.5.7 build 266) will be posted in the next few hours.
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Default Super paul!

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Just to confirm there is still a problem with processing *.cax files. The problem has been identified and is being fixed. An update (V7.5.7 build 266) will be posted in the next few hours.
    Regards
    Paul
    SUPER PAUL!

Problem SOLVED! Thanks for the fix. I tested every os/cax combo I regularly use and now its back to normal.

Thank you.
    Chuck CoW

Lifetime Member

LOL... i always dismissed this when it happened and closed/open.......
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

When loading a .cax file in build 266 :

If a 3D table is defined, and the X axis is defined by another calibration but the Y axis is a fixed value, it will show an error that the address is outside the controllers boundaries.

If both the X an Y axis are defined by another calibration or are a fixed value that calibration will load fine.

Other than this, the update seems to be working OK.
    03 6spd

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast